Essential fats ‘oil’ the body by lubricating the joints and skin, as well as being a vital component of every human cell. The body needs them to balance hormones, insulate nerve cells, keep the skin and arteries supple and to keep the body warm.
Omega 3 Support
High Strength Omega 3 Support,
Ultra Pure Wild Deep Sea Fish Oil.
Rich in Omega 3 fatty acids with high levels of EPA and DHA
Your body cannot manufacture essential Fatty acids - that is why they are ‘essential’
The Western diet is usually high in Omega 6s - but we are eating too much Omega 6 oils and not enough Omega 3.
Over the last century there has been an 80% decrease in the consumption of Omega 3 fatty acids - many people are deficient in these important and essential fatty acids.
The Department of Health recommends that we should all double our intake of omega 3’s by eating oily fish (such as salmon) two to three times a week. But more and more research indicates that it is wise to supplement fatty acids and not to rely just on dietary intake.
What benefits does the research show?
• Omega 3 oils can reduce the risk of heart disease, circulatory problems such as varicose veins
• May help to decrease the risk of irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmias), reduce the possibility of harmful clots by reducing the clumping together of platelets
• Decrease the growth of fatty plaques that can fur up the arteries
• Help to lower blood pressure
• Reduce the levels of triglycerides (stores of fat) in the blood
• Omega 3 fatty acids help to reduce inflammation and painful joints in general.
• Omega 3 supplementation may be helpful for both mood swings and anxiety
• Helping children with hyperactivity and dyslexia is well known
A study in 2007 in the Lancet on patients with high cholesterol levels who were given EPA along with a statin (a drug for lowering cholesterol) or just given a statin alone, showed that the patients who were taking the EPA had superior heart function by the end of the study compared to the statin alone.
A study in 2007 in the Journal of the Developmental and Behavioural Pediatrics showed that supplementing with essential fatty acids helped children with poor learning. Omega 3 fatty acids make up about 8% of the human brain so it is logical to see how they are important for the proper functioning of brain cells.
DHA in particular is important for pregnant women, as this Omega 3 fatty acid is needed for the proper brain growth and development during pregnancy.
Here at the Natural Health Practice we specialise in supplying only the highest quality nutritional supplements.
We asked Dr Marilyn Glenville PhD, the UK leading nutritionist specialising in women’s health, what she would want in an Omega 3 fish oil supplement.
Dr Glenville’s priorities were:
• High levels of EPA and DHA (770mg of EPA and 510mg of DHA per two capsules)
• From natural deep sea fish, no farmed fish to be used
• In fish oil gelatine capsules not bovine
• Derived from the body of the fish not the liver
• Each batch screened for contaminants e.g. dioxins, PCBs, mercury, lead, arsenic and cadmium.
• No fishy aftertaste
• Safe for pregnancy and breastfeeding
• Containing an antioxidant to prevent it going rancid
NHP’s ‘Omega 3 Support’ capsules have ALL the above key quality factors
– it is probably the best and strongest Omega 3 Supplement in the UK – maybe even in Europe.